The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) has recently updated its managing safely course to provide deeper insights for an effective management of health and safety in the workplace. This course is highly practical and primarily designed to equip managers and supervisors in any organization/sector with essential knowledge and skills to efficiently tackle health and safety issues in the workplace. It covers a wide range of topics with relevant case studies and real-time examples to show how the safety negligence impacts on organization's reputation. Further, it emphasises on why health and safety to be considered as an integral part of their responsibilities. This course is the ideal choice to demonstrate commitment to the health and safety standards in any organization/sector.
- Team leaders
- Directors and owners of smaller organizations, and
- Personnel who needs basic understanding of health and safety management.
On completion of the IOSH Working Safely course, candidates will be able to:
- Familiar with the health and safety responsibilities
- List out and differentiate key terms relating to health and safety
- Identify different types of hazards in the workplace
- State the purpose and benefits of risk assessment process
- Demonstrate best techniques to assess and control risks.
- Illustrate risk assessment process in a step-by-step manner
- Recognize the significance of legal requirements of health and safety
- Point out the key benefits of implementing a health and safety management system in the workplace
- Explain the accident investigation procedure
- Describe the principles of good safety and health performance
- Carryout internal and external safety audits
Benefits of Pursuing this Course
- Provides international recognition and boosts career prospects
- Empowers sound knowledge of health and safety management principles
- Aids in safeguarding the well-being of employee or staff that results in enhanced productivity and increased employee confidence
- Helps to satisfy legal requirements and serve the community better
- Promote company-wide safety awareness culture
- Facilitates to build up the trust among clients and stakeholders for enhanced reputation
- There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- 5 days (classroom training)
To be eligible for a Managing safely certificate, delegates must:
- Attend all seven modules
- Achieve the minimum mark on the multi - format assessment paper - this is 36 out of 60
- Achieve the minimum mark on the project - this is 23 out of 38
- Have a total score of 60 or more.